This year, on the occasion of the Olympic Games in Rio, the declarations of faith of Christian athletes of all faiths were relayed by many media. They have been a source of blessing and encouragement for many.
Accompanied by one of our readers wishing to remain anonymous, the writing ofInfo Chrétienne was able to establish the list of all medalists at the Rio Games, having at least once publicly testified to their faith in Jesus. Not less than 35 medals including 27 gold, brought back the valiant Christian sportsmen, witnesses of their faith! We invite you to discover it here.
- French judoka, Teddy Riner, gold medal.
“I am a believer and a practitioner. I was an altar boy and I go to mass. For me, my success is the Lord who designated this path to me. That's why I don't have the right to waste this chance. "
- Ethiopian athlete, Almaz Ayana, gold medalist, 10m world record and bronze medalist.
“My doping is Jesus! "
- The American athlete, Allyson Felix, double gold medalist in 4x100m relay and 4x400m relay and silver medalist.
“Through the hardships of life, I try to stay grounded in the Bible and pray a lot. "
- Jamaican athlete, Usain Bolt, triple gold medalist in the 4x100m, 200m and 100m relay.
“I want to thank God for everything he has done for me, because without him none of this would have been possible. "
- The South African athlete, Wayde van Niekerk, gold medalist and world record in the 400m.
“I prayed on my knees every day that God would lead me every step of the way. I even wrote on my points, Jesus, I am all yours. Use me. "
- The Brazilian pole vaulter, Thiago Braz, gold medal.
“Today is a miracle! I thank God for everything, for this moment… It is something incredible. "
- The American swimmer, Maya di rado, double gold medalist in 200m and 4x200m relay and double silver and bronze medalist.
“I believe God cares about my soul. "
- The American swimmer, Michael Phelps, five-time gold and silver medalist.
“There is something bigger than me and a purpose for me on this earth. "
- The American swimmer, Katie ledecky, quadruple gold medalist and 2 new world records in 400m, 800m and a silver medal.
“My faith remains something consistent and something that I can always count on. "
- Divers David Boudia and Steeve Johnson, silver medalists.
“Our identity is in Christ. "
- The American gymnast, Gabby douglas, gold medal.
“I like to share my faith. God has given me an incredible talent, which I desire to use to glorify his name. "
- The American gymnast and flag bearer, Simone Biles, quadruple gold medalist and bronze medalist.
“My mother gave me a rosary. I don't use it to pray in competition. I will pray normally at home, but I still keep it close to me. "
- The Fijian team of rugby sevens, gold medalist.
And their beautiful song of praise at the victory.
- Brazilian footballer Neymar : 1 gold medal.