JI'm not going to tell you my whole story, but I had the immense chance to know from the inside a certain number of churches and Christian communities, and this without going to the end of the world because it was just in different regions of France, the country where I have always lived.
And in each of these churches and each of these communities I have met brothers and sisters in Jesus.
I'm not going to go through them all but I appreciate them all for different reasons, and I love Christians, all Christians, whatever their label. Do you believe that the jihadists who torture and slaughter Christians in different countries of the world know our different denominations? Do you think they care how we pray? Not at all !
Only one thing is important to them: we are the people of Christ, and that is why we deserve death. So in these Advent times, walking towards Christmas, I just want to tell you each one: I love you! A few decades ago, a friend lent me a book that contained testimonies and prayers: “Even if…” I no longer know who the author (s) was, but I will use the formula again.
My Catholic brothers, my Catholic friends :
- Even if I do not pray to the Virgin Mary, even if I will not go to confession, even if I do not or no longer adhere to some of your practices or your doctrines: I love you !
- I like the intimacy of your old churches where so many generations have prayed, I especially like the Romanesque churches, I like your seriousness when you celebrate mass, I like a lot of your symbols which are so telling.
My Protestant, Reformed, Lutheran brothers :
- Even if I have trouble with your liturgy and your choirs which seem to me from another age, even if I do not agree with some of your theological points: I love you !
- I love your story which is also my story, your battles lived in prayer, your righteousness, your zeal and your perseverance.
My Adventist Brothers :
- Even if I do not understand everything about your theology, even if I do not adhere to your dietary restrictions: I love you !
- I like your welcome, your kindness and your fraternity, I like your times of celebration and your convivial times.
My Orthodox brothers :
- Even if I find it difficult when you read the gospel while singing, even if I cannot follow you when you multiply the signs of the cross in reverse of what I learned as a child: I love you !
- I love your beautiful polyphonic songs, I love your magnificent icons which speak theology directly to our hearts.
My evangelical brothers :
- Even if you are often so busy in your churches that you do not communicate much with other Christians. Even if you sometimes think that you are the only true Christians in the world, even if you are sometimes hard on other Christians, even if the noise level in your services is often a little too high: I love you !
- My evangelical brothers, Pentecostals, I love the renewal you bring to praise, I love to see whole families in your churches, I love cultural diversity in your assemblies, in our assemblies.
My brothers and sisters without a fixed church :
- Even if you are sometimes a little harsh with those who go to churches, I love you !
- I like your sincere spiritual research and your attachment to God and to his Word.
My brothers and sisters from historic churches in Israel, Iraq, I pray for you and I love you !
My persecuted Christian brothers and sisters because of our common faith all over the world: I intercede with all my heart for you and I love you !
My Christian brothers and sisters from all walks of life, I love you and I bless you all with all my heart in the name of Jesus our Lord and Savior, whose coming to our earth we will soon be celebrating!
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son so that ANYBODY believes in him not to perish but to have eternal life. Jean 3: 16
The angel Gabriel said to her: “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
Here you will be pregnant. You will give birth to a son and you will call his name Jesus.
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David.
He will reign over Jacob's family forever, his reign will have no end. "
Mary said to the angel: “How will it be, since I have no relationship with a man? "
The angel answered him: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will cover you with its shadow. This is why the holy child who will be born will be called the Son of God. Luke 1: 30-35
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and rule shall rest upon his shoulder. He will be called Admirable, Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of PEACE. Isaiah 9: 6
Have a good walk towards Christmas !!!
Info Chrétienne being an online press service recognized by the Ministry of Culture, your donation is tax deductible up to 66%.